Happy Anniversary, 'Demise' of Local Elections - Jeffooi, March 1, 2005
Thanks to Bernama's Santha Oorjitham, many of us may not have realised
that today, March 1, is the 40th anniversary of the suspension of
local government elections in 1965.
However, it was the police who gave the occasion some pomp and colours
to remind us there are attempts to revive local government elections.
Or else, about two generations of Malaysians would have been ignorant
that local government election had once existed in this country...
- No bathroom breaks
- Don’t get distracted by marijuana
- It is so fruitful
- Fake news
- Intervene here first!
- There will always be coups
- Weekly News Magazines: Burning Future, August, 2019
- Who is really destroying the country?
- Economic suicides
- Some are on protected land
- Weekly News Magazines: Grilling Prayuth, September, 2019