Advice from the city of Yangon - January 17, 2005
Relations and Information Department of the City of
Yangon has advice for tourists. Besides the general travel's
advice that is similar to that for Thailand (also interesting
stamp on Monk's shadow) there is this advice
on dealing with Officialdom: ACCEPT THAT THE BUREAUCRAT
He knows more about the matter at hand that you do. He'd
been doing it. He knows how it is to be done and not done.
He knows what is allowed and not allowed. For every argument
of yours he has one to better it. Don't argue. There is
a maxim: 'The bureaucrat is always right especially when
he is wrong.' Accept it.
One course to follow to get out of the way of the bureaucrat
is to observe the regulations however irksome or irrational.
If you don't know what they mean, ask him. He might be
pleased. On the other hand, he might be irritated. You
can't win. You see what I mean?
- Election Commission Dye Service
- Thanathorn’s foreign parents
- Weekly News Magazines: Restrict Abolish Eliminate Thanathorn, April, 2019
- Proof of authoritarianism
- Feeling pity for Hulk and Wonder Woman
- Waiting for a miracle to operate on arms and legs
- Price for the whole group of cobra politicians
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- They did not violate the law
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Songkran alcohol warning