Happy Lunar New Year - Today had an important place in ancient Thai calendars - Bangkok Post, December 12, 2004
Today would be New Year's Day in Thailand, if we still held to
the lunar calendar and ancient agrarian ways of the past.
According to a recent study by anthropologists at Silpakorn University's
faculty of archaeology, Thailand once considered December the first
month of a year or duen ai in Thai, a practice which probably dates
back 1,000 years... Also NEW
YEAR (Bangkok Post, December 12, 2004)
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military