Tigers stalked by the dragon - Financial Times, December 17, 2004
The south-east Asian tiger' economies Singapore, Malaysia,
Thailand and Indonesia used to be regarded as some of the world's
most dynamic investment opportunities. Now, according to some experts,
their power is being eroded by the dragon' economy of China.
Two factors loom large in this assessment. One is possibly weakening
demand from the US. The second is that, cheap manufacturers though
the tiger economies are, China is cheaper...
One big plus for Thailand is its development of industrial infrastructure,
according to Robert Stockfis, a consultant investment analyst and
long-time resident in the country...
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- Weekly News Magazines: Coronation, May, 2019
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Heaven vs Hell
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work