Guess where U.S. students are going? - November 19, 2004
Cormac writes: Never mind India, notice that Thailand is number
3 in Asia: A number of American students are going abroad for higher
studies and India is the fifth most attractive country in Asia for
them, a new report has found.
Since 1991-92, the number of students studying abroad for credit has
more than doubled from 71,154 to 174,629, according to the Open Doors
2004 report, an annual report on international academic mobility released
by the Institute of International Education.
India with 703 pupils was the fifth country in Asia to attract American
students in 2002-03 after Japan (3,457), China (2,493), Thailand (794)
and Korea (739), it said... (Hindustan Times, November,
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- We need conscription
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?