Benjakitti Water Park - New green area in centre of Bangkok on old TTM land - Bangkok Post, November 18, 2004
All 430 rai of the Thailand Tobacco Monopoly (TTM) land between
Sukhumvit and Rama IV roads, near Queen Sirikit National Convention
Centre, will be turned into a public park...
Mr Varathep promised the entire scheme would be completed as planned,
allaying concern the land could be leased out to the private sector.
"Don't worry. This government will turn another 300 rai into
a forest park right after the TTM factories move out,'' he said.
All five TTM factories, warehouses and buildings will be demolished
and replaced with trees. Only two buildings--the TTM hospital and
the 46-year-old TTM office--will be spared.
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- We need conscription
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?