About the Suan Dusit Poll - Bangkok Post, October 23, 2002
...One of Rajabhat Institute Dusits academic/commercial
enterprises has won widespread public acceptance...
Sometimes, the Thai media will not pay attention at all. At
the same time, Reuters will telephone to request the data
and the Bangkok Post or the Nation will report the results
an interesting point for us to consider."...
...Out of bounds as well are polls on the monarchy, religion,
the judicial system, and for a very different reason, social
issues like gambling on the upcoming World Cup. "There
are huge profits to be made, so the local mafia is very involved.
Stirring up public awareness on this issue can be dangerous
for those collecting data," says Archarn Sukhum.
- 25 Years Ago: Black May
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: Thaksin to return by year’s end to resume the war on drugs
- 16 years ago: Thaksin’s strange start as prime minister – Finding a gold hoard
- From 2009: The collapse of the first Red Shirt siege of Bangkok
- Thai Editorial Cartoons on the Stolen Plaque
- The Secret Submarine: News Magazines, April-May, 2017
- What do these bombs mean?
- Locking the Media: Weekly News Magazines, May, 2017
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings