Past October protests commemorated - Bangkok Post, October 7, 2004
From 'Public disinterest, govt failure to help victims' kin deplored': High-profile attendees at the Oct 6, 1976 pro-democracy uprising commemoration bemoaned the public's lack of interest in the tragic event and the government for failing to help the families of those who perished in the massacre defending the country's fragile democracy...
Right: Detail from one of the October 6 sculptures at Thammasat University
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Allies Try to Take Over Matichon & the Bangkok Post
- 4 Years Ago: One of the wealthiest families in Thailand has convinced the poor that it understands their problems and will fight for their rights
- 12 Years Ago: Chuwit and the Massage Parlour Scandal
- 8 Years Ago: “Black herbal toothpaste”
- 12 Years Ago: Revolution in Laos?
- 11 Years Ago: Thailand’s New Strongman
- 7 Years Ago: “Thailand United Southern Underground” ceasefire
- 9 Years Ago: Time Running Out For Thaksin
- 10 Years Ago: Losing the right to criticize a company owned by Thaksin
- 9 Years Ago: Thaksin’s public beatings
- 12 Years Ago: Suvanabhumi Airport Under Construction