Past October protests commemorated - Bangkok Post, October 7, 2004
From 'Public disinterest, govt failure to help victims' kin deplored': High-profile attendees at the Oct 6, 1976 pro-democracy uprising commemoration bemoaned the public's lack of interest in the tragic event and the government for failing to help the families of those who perished in the massacre defending the country's fragile democracy...
Right: Detail from one of the October 6 sculptures at Thammasat University
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting