In Thailand, a leader feels the heat - BusinessWeek, October 11, 2004
[Foreign media are keeping up the drumbeat of "Thaksin
in trouble." However, it is not clear that this
viewpoint is accurate or if it is merely a perception
drummed up by local anti-government media.]
The tough-talking Prime Minister has delivered
heady growth. Fall is traditionally a pleasant season
in Thailand, as monsoon rains begin tapering off and
temperatures start to cool. Yet October has been anything
but salubrious for Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra...
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Sudarat
- We need conscription
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?