Press freedom in Myanmar - The Irrawaddy, May 4, 2004
The Irrawaddy puts up a fascinating page about
press freedom in Myanmar: "If I do
wrong, write about me. If the queens do wrong,
write about them. If my sons and daughters
do wrong, write about them. If the judges
and mayors do wrong, write about them. No
one shall take action against the journalists
for writing the truth. They shall go in and
out of the palace freely." -King Mindon
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- 10 Years Ago: Thaksin Escapes Assassination Attempt
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- No fraud!
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists
- Who is the catfish?
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Dhammakaya leaving Thailand?
- Another stain on the police