|Phan Phiphop Lila Bridge
- April 24, 2004
Nils writes: An old aerial photo (circa 1946) from Heinrich Damm's virtual walk through Rattanakosin Island..... looking north and showing the northeastern corner of Sanam Luang, the Mae Thorani Fountain, Phanpop Lila Bridge, the Royal Hotel (right), Ratchadamnoen Avenue, the mouth of Khlong Lord which is now covered by the ramp of the Phra Pinklao Bridge, The National Gallery (left), Khao San Rd (middle right), Chakraphong Rd and Wat Chanasongkhram, Banglamphu Intersection (Phra Sumen/Chakraphong/Samsen Rds). Note: What might look like a bridge over the Chao Phraya at first glance rather seems to be part of the plane's wing.....
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- Same cartoon idea from both pro- & anti-Thaksin cartoonists
- Siamese Priest, Pricipal Gate of Wat Cheng, 1899
- More Thai editorial cartoons featuring President Obama
- Nine Years Ago Today: The Enforced Disappearance of Somchai
- Thai Ratings Raised by Fitch on Yingluck Stability
- Thaksin’s “Electric Pole” Candidate Laid to Rest
- The violent farang mafia that run Thailand’s flourishing boiler room scams and sex industry
- The execution of the Mekong River pirate: What really happened between Chinese & Thai authorities?
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully