|Phan Phiphop Lila Bridge
- April 24, 2004
Nils writes: An old aerial photo (circa 1946) from Heinrich Damm's virtual walk through Rattanakosin Island..... looking north and showing the northeastern corner of Sanam Luang, the Mae Thorani Fountain, Phanpop Lila Bridge, the Royal Hotel (right), Ratchadamnoen Avenue, the mouth of Khlong Lord which is now covered by the ramp of the Phra Pinklao Bridge, The National Gallery (left), Khao San Rd (middle right), Chakraphong Rd and Wat Chanasongkhram, Banglamphu Intersection (Phra Sumen/Chakraphong/Samsen Rds). Note: What might look like a bridge over the Chao Phraya at first glance rather seems to be part of the plane's wing.....
- 4 Years Ago: One of the wealthiest families in Thailand has convinced the poor that it understands their problems and will fight for their rights
- 13 Years Ago: Remembering the grounds of the Siam Intercontinental Hotel
- 12 Years Ago: Chuwit and the Massage Parlour Scandal
- 76 Years Ago: ‘Strategic Siam changes its name to Thai’
- 12 Years Ago: Idea for a Bangkok Central Park
- 11 Years Ago: Thailand’s New Strongman
- 12 Years Ago: Revolution in Laos?
- 11 Years Ago: List of activists killed during the Thaksin era
- 7 Years Ago: “Thailand United Southern Underground” ceasefire
- 10 Years Ago: Discontent in Thaksin’s Thailand
- 10 Years Ago: Losing the right to criticize a company owned by Thaksin