Gory stories - April 29, 2004
A decade ago, the Post and The Nation
rarely covered the same gory news stories
as the vernacular Thai press, but in the past
few years these attention-getting murder cases
are getting covered in English too.
Yesterday was a good example: 'Vengeful'
man slays brother, baby niece (The
Nation, April 28, 2004). The only thing
missing in the English-language press were
the gruesome photos that made the story front-page
worthy in other newspapers.
- Disappearing article on lese majeste
- Directions to Bangkok’s 24-hour casinos
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Gen. Prayuth could dismiss PM Prayuth?
- Thaksin’s public beatings
- Bangkok Master Plans 1979-2006
- Thai girls
- Thaksin’s Temple: Dhammakaya
- Thaksin – The Business of Politics in Thailand
- Thailand Tax Refund Claims – 10 Truths to Share with Foreigners
- Chuwit memes – Junta message to politics