Gory stories - April 29, 2004
A decade ago, the Post and The Nation
rarely covered the same gory news stories
as the vernacular Thai press, but in the past
few years these attention-getting murder cases
are getting covered in English too.
Yesterday was a good example: 'Vengeful'
man slays brother, baby niece (The
Nation, April 28, 2004). The only thing
missing in the English-language press were
the gruesome photos that made the story front-page
worthy in other newspapers.
- 25 Years Ago: Black May
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: Thaksin to return by year’s end to resume the war on drugs
- 2005: PM Thaksin, family praised as ‘Family Day’ role models
- 16 years ago: Thaksin’s strange start as prime minister – Finding a gold hoard
- From 2009: The collapse of the first Red Shirt siege of Bangkok
- Stepping on the Eastern Tiger’s tail
- Thai Editorial Cartoons on the Stolen Plaque
- The Missing Marker and Thai Democracy
- Get your gas from a demon
- The weapons spell his name