Gory stories - April 29, 2004
A decade ago, the Post and The Nation
rarely covered the same gory news stories
as the vernacular Thai press, but in the past
few years these attention-getting murder cases
are getting covered in English too.
Yesterday was a good example: 'Vengeful'
man slays brother, baby niece (The
Nation, April 28, 2004). The only thing
missing in the English-language press were
the gruesome photos that made the story front-page
worthy in other newspapers.
- 4 Years Ago: One of the wealthiest families in Thailand has convinced the poor that it understands their problems and will fight for their rights
- 12 Years Ago: Asia finds its own way: In Praise of Thaksin
- 13 Years Ago: Remembering the grounds of the Siam Intercontinental Hotel
- 12 Years Ago: Chuwit and the Massage Parlour Scandal
- 76 Years Ago: ‘Strategic Siam changes its name to Thai’
- 12 Years Ago: Idea for a Bangkok Central Park
- 12 Years Ago: Revolution in Laos?
- 11 Years Ago: Thailand’s New Strongman
- 11 Years Ago: List of activists killed during the Thaksin era
- 7 Years Ago: “Thailand United Southern Underground” ceasefire
- 10 Years Ago: Discontent in Thaksin’s Thailand