Gory stories - April 29, 2004
A decade ago, the Post and The Nation
rarely covered the same gory news stories
as the vernacular Thai press, but in the past
few years these attention-getting murder cases
are getting covered in English too.
Yesterday was a good example: 'Vengeful'
man slays brother, baby niece (The
Nation, April 28, 2004). The only thing
missing in the English-language press were
the gruesome photos that made the story front-page
worthy in other newspapers.
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Milling Ghosts Entering Parliament
- Siamese Priest, Pricipal Gate of Wat Cheng, 1899
- Same cartoon idea from both pro- & anti-Thaksin cartoonists
- More Thai editorial cartoons featuring President Obama
- The violent farang mafia that run Thailand’s flourishing boiler room scams and sex industry
- Thaksin’s “Electric Pole” Candidate Laid to Rest
- Nine Years Ago Today: The Enforced Disappearance of Somchai
- Thai Ratings Raised by Fitch on Yingluck Stability
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully