City hall in fresh bid to install electronic traffic light system - Bangkok Post, April 22, 2004
City hall wants to re-introduce the area traffic
control system--electronic gadgets controlling traffic
lights at intersections--to alleviate congestion...
He said the ATC system would be installed at over
200 intersections within a 150-sqkm radius from the
Ratchada ring road. The installation is expected to
be completed by 2007.
In its 1993 plan, the BMA wanted to install the ATC
system at 369 intersections plan. However, lack of
cooperation from traffic police stalled implementation,
and sensory detector sets placed under roads were
destroyed by excavation projects.
Under the current system, traffic lights are programmed
to change every three minutes or more, and the police
switch to a manual system when the traffic becomes
However, the time period of traffic congestion at
an intersection is longer and more unpredictable.
The average traffic congestion timespan at the intersection
between Vibhavadi and Paholyothin roads in front of
Central Lat Phrao was 800 seconds, or over 13 minutes.
Mr Chitchanok said motorists would have to wait only
180 seconds or three minutes under the ATC system...
- Thai government responds to Washington Post article about Thai abuse of Burmese in the shrimp industry
- Yingluck Billboard
- Seven Years Ago Today: Thaksin Allies Try to Takeover Matichon & the Bangkok Post
- Vietnam, Thailand & Cambodia urged to stop using vague concepts such as "national security", "sovereignty" or "lèse-majesté" to intimidate & harass dissent
- 1976: A Nightmare of Lynching and Burning 1976 ฝันร้ายของการลงประชาทัณฑ์ และ เผาทั้งเป็น
- Gem Scam: 463/9-12, Look-Luang Rd
- Malay Can Become ASEAN'S Lingua Franca ภาษามาเลสามารถกลายเป็นภาษากลางของอาเซียนได้
- No ridicule or satire please: Governor candidates warned to use social media carefully
- Thailand's boom is sustainable, unlike the one in 1997
- Couples' Parliament
- Thai Premier Republic Day chief guest นายกรัฐมนตรีไทยเป็นผู้นำแขกรับเชิญในวันแห่งสาธารณรัฐ