Thaksin says finance minister his likely successor - AP, November 8, 2003
Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said Saturday he will not stay in office beyond two terms, and will likely hand over the reins to his deputy, Somkid Jatusripitak,
describing him as an uncut diamond...
Thaksin told reporters that there would be no need for him to stay in office at the end of his second term as he would have taken care of all economic problems by then. "I expect that there will be no more challenging problems for me,'' Thaksin said.
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- What do these bombs mean?
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- Can we get rid of the U.S. ambassador?
- Thailand can learn from Myanmar!
- Police for police reform
- Is the junta preparing for Thaksin?
- Dangerous Voting