Reason for the wildlife crackdown - The Nation, November 23, 2003
2Bangkok.com has been mentioning the reason for the wildlife trade
crackdown for one year and now here it is finally in the local papers:
Sawek said the raid was intended to stamp out the trafficking of
protected species ahead of the upcoming conservation conference. The
CITES (Convention on
International Trade in Endangered Species) conference will be hosted
by Thailand next year.
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military