PM mixes business and politics - Far Eastern Economic Review, December 11, 2003
Far Eastern Economic Review 'troublemaker' Shawn W. Crispin
writes about the blurring of the line between government and business.
...Thailand's historically vocal print media has been notably restrained in reporting allegations of government corruption or conflicts of interest. One reason, some media executives contend, is that Thaksin's family's companies have withheld advertising from publications perceived to be critical of the government. Similarly, some of Thailand's biggest state-owned enterprises--often key advertisers--seem to steer clear of publications critical of Thaksin...
- From 2003: PM mixes business and politics
- News from the 1890s
- Snake with two heads
- Weekly News Magazines: Drawing the Lines for Elections, November, 2018
- No need for revolutionaries
- Weekly News Magazines: Govt minister and the pro-junta party, November, 2018
- Silly uncle is moving the mountain
- Who is left to run with Sudarat?
- Your behavior is worse than interference
- From Red Shirts to Green Shirts
- Now he faces the heavyweight