PM mixes business and politics - Far Eastern Economic Review, December 11, 2003
Far Eastern Economic Review 'troublemaker' Shawn W. Crispin
writes about the blurring of the line between government and business.
...Thailand's historically vocal print media has been notably restrained in reporting allegations of government corruption or conflicts of interest. One reason, some media executives contend, is that Thaksin's family's companies have withheld advertising from publications perceived to be critical of the government. Similarly, some of Thailand's biggest state-owned enterprises--often key advertisers--seem to steer clear of publications critical of Thaksin...
- Too Many Unemployed Creating Smog
- Same allies, different kingpin
- Election posters: Looking at you
- New Year’s Cartoons: Goodbye Dog Year
- No exit
- Analysis: The last time a coup chief became prime minister after elections
- New Year’s Cartoons: Wave Goodbye to the Old Year
- Dictatorship or Democracy
- New Year’s Cartoons: This year will have an election
- We really care about Thaksin
- New Year’s Cartoons: Happy new year without sadness