PM mixes business and politics - Far Eastern Economic Review, December 11, 2003
Far Eastern Economic Review 'troublemaker' Shawn W. Crispin
writes about the blurring of the line between government and business.
...Thailand's historically vocal print media has been notably restrained in reporting allegations of government corruption or conflicts of interest. One reason, some media executives contend, is that Thaksin's family's companies have withheld advertising from publications perceived to be critical of the government. Similarly, some of Thailand's biggest state-owned enterprises--often key advertisers--seem to steer clear of publications critical of Thaksin...
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash
- Danger for the junta