'Bangkok's sinister world of shame' - New Zealand News, October 17, 2003
One of the first of the many 'local color' stories that
APEC reporters will file about our town. This one is a furious
and overly vivid account about how Western men are pigs
in Bangkok: Our Western world has spat them out - lonely,
unattractive, below par, the old and fat, the socially incompetent,
the slow. In Thailand they are wealthy, attractive and powerful...
For the first time in his life he has a bevy of beauties
surrounding him. They laugh enthusiastically at his drunken
jokes. She pretends to like him long enough to get paid,
and he suspends disbelief.
UPDATE: Wesley informs us that the article
was in fact written by the wife of the New Zealand Ambassador
to Thailand, not really an APEC article.
- The little people are corrupt
- Helping the rice farmers
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Words won’t stop the attack
- Profiting from being military
- Knives out for Sudarat
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey