Fascinating stats on car usage - September 4, 2003
The ministry said over 1.224 billion commuters had travelled
on Bangkok's mass-transport system in 1997 but that number had fallen
to 938 million in 2001.
Over the same period, bus commuters fell from 12.6 million to 10.8
million and train commuters from 64.9 million in 1997 to 56.7 million
In contrast, the number of passenger cars has increased significantly.
In 1997 there were 1.8 million registered cars in Bangkok. This
figure rose to 2.6 million in 2001.
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!
- Kissing in parliament