Plant more trees in city, urges academic - Bangkok Post, August 23, 2003
Thanks to Nils Rennenberg for pointing this out: Bangkok was
lagging behind other cities in the region in term of public green
areas. The Thai capital had only 1.46 square metres per head, while
Singapore had 10.90 sq m and Kuala Lumpur 2.96 sq m.... However,
he said, public parks in Bangkok were full of decorative plants
which were 10 times more expensive than big trees but not as effective
in term of carbon dioxide reduction.
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!
- Kissing in parliament