Bangkok pollution skyrockets - Reuters, September 11, 2003
Pollution in Bangkok has soared to twice the safety level
as Thailand's robust economic growth spurred rapid car sales
over the past two years, Thai officials said on Thursday...
"Bangkok traffic has become much more congested while the
level of air pollution is skyrocketing beyond the safety limit,"
Supat Wangwongwatana of the Department of Pollution Control
told reporters. He gave no comparative figures. Supat said the
latest survey, done last year, showed the particle level on
Sukhumvit Road -- the city's busiest thoroughfare -- was 250
microgrammes per cubic metre, more than double the 120 microgrammes
considered harmful to people.
- Knives out for Sudarat
- We will straighten this out
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- The chicken farmer and the monkey
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Thanks for the hug, Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- We need conscription
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?