Bangkok pollution skyrockets - Reuters, September 11, 2003
Pollution in Bangkok has soared to twice the safety level
as Thailand's robust economic growth spurred rapid car sales
over the past two years, Thai officials said on Thursday...
"Bangkok traffic has become much more congested while the
level of air pollution is skyrocketing beyond the safety limit,"
Supat Wangwongwatana of the Department of Pollution Control
told reporters. He gave no comparative figures. Supat said the
latest survey, done last year, showed the particle level on
Sukhumvit Road -- the city's busiest thoroughfare -- was 250
microgrammes per cubic metre, more than double the 120 microgrammes
considered harmful to people.
- Remembering Black May 1992
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Remembering the Red Shirt Protests of 2010
- AP: Bangkok Post editor ousted for criticizing Thailand’s military government
- Democrats shut out