A conflict of interest? Well, mai pen rai! - The Nation, October 2, 2003
If you were wondering why fighting corruption in Thailand has
been such an uphill task, wonder no more. A good number of Thais
don't even consider "conflict of interest" as a serious
offence in this country. A little-known seminar held recently
by the Civil Service Commission produced a highly significant
research paper, which concluded that there was a very low level
of interest among Thais on this issue "because it is seen
as a Western value".
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military