Thais seeking political asylum in the U.S. will be detained - New York Times, April 1, 2003
Thailand is on a list of 32 countries (most
either with Muslim majorities or large Muslim
populations) whose nationals will be detained
if seeking political asylum "while their
applications are considered, a process that
takes six months or more." The list of
countries is not publicly disclosed, but was
pieced together by lawyers opposing the rule.
We wonder how many Thais go to the US for political
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Remembering the Thaksin Years: Cleaning Things Up
- Conflict with the Lanna Kingdom
- Security start-up backed by Thaksin seeks $1bn valuation
- New form of American warmaking
- Viagra for Thai Airways
- Who is the catfish?
- No fraud!
- Weekly News Magazines, June 3-10, 2016
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists