Thais seeking political asylum in the U.S. will be detained - New York Times, April 1, 2003
Thailand is on a list of 32 countries (most
either with Muslim majorities or large Muslim
populations) whose nationals will be detained
if seeking political asylum "while their
applications are considered, a process that
takes six months or more." The list of
countries is not publicly disclosed, but was
pieced together by lawyers opposing the rule.
We wonder how many Thais go to the US for political
- The real reason people are poor
- Thailand’s censorship
- The temple as hostage
- Pride and money comes at the same time
- Chuwit is BACK!
- Everyone wants to use Section 44!
- University hostages
- Fees for the police
- Hack my house
- Donald Trump: America’s Berlusconi (or Thaksin, or Hariri, or…)
- What’s really behind Thailand’s hostility to Chinese tourists?