Thais seeking political asylum in the U.S. will be detained - New York Times, April 1, 2003
Thailand is on a list of 32 countries (most
either with Muslim majorities or large Muslim
populations) whose nationals will be detained
if seeking political asylum "while their
applications are considered, a process that
takes six months or more." The list of
countries is not publicly disclosed, but was
pieced together by lawyers opposing the rule.
We wonder how many Thais go to the US for political
- From 2011: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Before Thaksin: Remembering the Checks and Balances of the 1997 Charter
- Dangerous Voting
- It’s a charade
- America first… World last
- Some bombers don’t go to jail
- Police stealing the work of the gods
- The outrageous denial
- Who controls the pipe bomber?
- Abhisit for leader!
- More on police buying their promtions