Do Thais and Burmese really hate each other? - The Irrawaddy, July 13, 2002
"It is not true that Thais and Burmese have been enemies for hundreds of years," says Dr Charnvit Kasetsiri, Chairperson of the Southeast Asian Studies Program at Thammasat University in Bangkok. "Those were wars between kingdoms and kings, not about a war between Burmese and Thais..."
The Burmese historian who writes Thai-bashing articles - The Irrawaddy, June 28, 2002
According to sources close to the controversial writer, her anti-Thai attacks in the state-run press last year provoked a slew of abusive phone calls from Burmese readers, forcing her to change her telephone number. Many writers said that Ma Tin Wins articles and opinions do not represent Burma and its people. "She has been shunned," one writer said.
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- Sucking Ghost
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- Monks too high to be touched
- Shinawatra family drama
- Weekly News Magazines: Who will lead the Pheu Thai, July, 2017