Customs inspectors at LAX find opium in shipment from Thailand - Los Angeles Times, November 4, 2010
...Customs inspectors use a risk-based approach when choosing which loads to examine more closely at airports and shipping ports, Ruiz said. The originating country, the final destination and the type of merchandise can tip off inspectors to a potentially illegal load.
Some countries, like Thailand, require a complete screening of every load that comes in, which is how agents at LAX were able to find the opium, Ruiz said.
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Move to the Jurassic era
- Political vacuum cleaners
- Weekly News Magazine: Getting Ready for the Political Future, April, 2018
- Fertilizing the junta party with crap of the past
- Old allies, new allies
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die