Customs inspectors at LAX find opium in shipment from Thailand - Los Angeles Times, November 4, 2010
...Customs inspectors use a risk-based approach when choosing which loads to examine more closely at airports and shipping ports, Ruiz said. The originating country, the final destination and the type of merchandise can tip off inspectors to a potentially illegal load.
Some countries, like Thailand, require a complete screening of every load that comes in, which is how agents at LAX were able to find the opium, Ruiz said.
- The little people are corrupt
- Michael Ball recalls Man City ‘madness’: Thaksin Shinawatra gave us a team talk
- Domino fell the wrong way
- Helping the rice farmers
- Trump in Thai editorial cartoons
- Do you know how to live?
- Thailand caught in the middle
- Help out or win out?
- Words won’t stop the attack
- While keeping a votive tablet in the mouth
- Profiting from being military