Customs inspectors at LAX find opium in shipment from Thailand - Los Angeles Times, November 4, 2010
...Customs inspectors use a risk-based approach when choosing which loads to examine more closely at airports and shipping ports, Ruiz said. The originating country, the final destination and the type of merchandise can tip off inspectors to a potentially illegal load.
Some countries, like Thailand, require a complete screening of every load that comes in, which is how agents at LAX were able to find the opium, Ruiz said.
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Chavalit is very fit
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Political parties in a coma
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison
- Chinese cartoonist
- Top Red Shirts join with the military