Blacked out - Where The Economist is censored - The Economist, September 21, 2010
Via Boing Boing: An interesting read in the Economist detailing in which countries, why, and how many times the publication has been censored since January of 2009. India can't handle a map of Kashmir with borders it disputes; maps of Taiwan piss off China, Libya doesn't like anyone criticizing Khadafi. And the 2009 Christmas issue showing Adam and Eve was censored in five countries: "Malaysian officials covered up Eve's breasts. Pakistan objected to the depiction of Adam, which it said broke a prohibition on depicting Koranic figures."
- No bathroom breaks
- It is so fruitful
- Don’t get distracted by marijuana
- Fake news
- Intervene here first!
- Weekly News Magazines: Burning Future, August, 2019
- There will always be coups
- Who is really destroying the country?
- Economic suicides
- Some are on protected land
- Weekly News Magazines: Grilling Prayuth, September, 2019