Blue Diamond blues - The Economist, September 22, 2010
[Thanks to Mud for pointing this out.]
...The Thai servant was arrested in Thailand and convicted of theft, but only after he had sold many of the stones, including a priceless 50-carat blue diamond. Thai police later recovered part of the haul and returned them to their owner. Saudi Arabia then complained that some of the jewels were fake baubles. Thai media reported that the wives of top government officials had been spotted wearing some exquisite diamond necklaces...
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- The military party deserves a head start
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets