Blue Diamond blues - The Economist, September 22, 2010
[Thanks to Mud for pointing this out.]
...The Thai servant was arrested in Thailand and convicted of theft, but only after he had sold many of the stones, including a priceless 50-carat blue diamond. Thai police later recovered part of the haul and returned them to their owner. Saudi Arabia then complained that some of the jewels were fake baubles. Thai media reported that the wives of top government officials had been spotted wearing some exquisite diamond necklaces...
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees