Blue Diamond blues - The Economist, September 22, 2010
[Thanks to Mud for pointing this out.]
...The Thai servant was arrested in Thailand and convicted of theft, but only after he had sold many of the stones, including a priceless 50-carat blue diamond. Thai police later recovered part of the haul and returned them to their owner. Saudi Arabia then complained that some of the jewels were fake baubles. Thai media reported that the wives of top government officials had been spotted wearing some exquisite diamond necklaces...
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way
- You cannot fight with those who made the rules
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?