Blue Diamond blues - The Economist, September 22, 2010
[Thanks to Mud for pointing this out.]
...The Thai servant was arrested in Thailand and convicted of theft, but only after he had sold many of the stones, including a priceless 50-carat blue diamond. Thai police later recovered part of the haul and returned them to their owner. Saudi Arabia then complained that some of the jewels were fake baubles. Thai media reported that the wives of top government officials had been spotted wearing some exquisite diamond necklaces...
- No bathroom breaks
- It is so fruitful
- Don’t get distracted by marijuana
- Fake news
- Intervene here first!
- Weekly News Magazines: Burning Future, August, 2019
- There will always be coups
- Who is really destroying the country?
- Economic suicides
- Some are on protected land
- Weekly News Magazines: Grilling Prayuth, September, 2019