In Thailand, Grand Plans for Higher Education - Chronicle of Higher Education, September 12, 2010
...The Thai government also wants to create a $157-million "science city" in an industrial park east of Bangkok in part to stimulate science education. The government wants to work with university researchers and technology businesses to develop it.
But some say those efforts are misplaced. Rather than pump millions of dollars into glitzy endeavors, they would like the government to fortify the country's basic higher-education structure...
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished