In Thailand, Grand Plans for Higher Education - Chronicle of Higher Education, September 12, 2010
...The Thai government also wants to create a $157-million "science city" in an industrial park east of Bangkok in part to stimulate science education. The government wants to work with university researchers and technology businesses to develop it.
But some say those efforts are misplaced. Rather than pump millions of dollars into glitzy endeavors, they would like the government to fortify the country's basic higher-education structure...
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees