Asia faces rising cost from disasters, report says - Reuters, September 21, 2010
[Thanks to Mud for pointing this out.]
... "Among 12 economies covered in the report, Thailand and the Philippines are criticized for their governments' inability to deal effectively with natural disasters and man-made emergencies such as the Manila hostage crisis and Bangkok political riots.
"Thailand's poor capabilities for managing life-threatening emergencies should be a concern for anyone investing or conducting business in the country," the report said, referring to a two-month cover up of the outbreaks of bird flu in 2003..."
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees