Asia faces rising cost from disasters, report says - Reuters, September 21, 2010
[Thanks to Mud for pointing this out.]
... "Among 12 economies covered in the report, Thailand and the Philippines are criticized for their governments' inability to deal effectively with natural disasters and man-made emergencies such as the Manila hostage crisis and Bangkok political riots.
"Thailand's poor capabilities for managing life-threatening emergencies should be a concern for anyone investing or conducting business in the country," the report said, referring to a two-month cover up of the outbreaks of bird flu in 2003..."
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way
- You cannot fight with those who made the rules
- Bangkok’s Central Park becoming a reality?