Asia faces rising cost from disasters, report says - Reuters, September 21, 2010
[Thanks to Mud for pointing this out.]
... "Among 12 economies covered in the report, Thailand and the Philippines are criticized for their governments' inability to deal effectively with natural disasters and man-made emergencies such as the Manila hostage crisis and Bangkok political riots.
"Thailand's poor capabilities for managing life-threatening emergencies should be a concern for anyone investing or conducting business in the country," the report said, referring to a two-month cover up of the outbreaks of bird flu in 2003..."
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets
- Weekly News Magazines: Clever, Cautious, Creative in Democracy, January, 2018
- Trapped by the whistle
- They make the law for their own purposes