Thais Bristle at Australian's Take on Thai Cuisine - NYT, September 23, 2010
..."I can't tell you why it's not authentic, but it's not," she said. "Some of the tastes are too pronounced and it's drowning in spice." (Mr. Thompson may have the distinction as the only foreigner in spice-crazed Thailand to be accused of liking his food too hot.)
But Ms. Nutchanand praised Mr. Thompson for experimenting. "You need somebody like him to push Thai food forward," she said...
[Thanks to Marc T and Noel for pointing this out.]
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- The military party deserves a head start
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets