Thais Bristle at Australian's Take on Thai Cuisine - NYT, September 23, 2010
..."I can't tell you why it's not authentic, but it's not," she said. "Some of the tastes are too pronounced and it's drowning in spice." (Mr. Thompson may have the distinction as the only foreigner in spice-crazed Thailand to be accused of liking his food too hot.)
But Ms. Nutchanand praised Mr. Thompson for experimenting. "You need somebody like him to push Thai food forward," she said...
[Thanks to Marc T and Noel for pointing this out.]
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished