Thais Bristle at Australian's Take on Thai Cuisine - NYT, September 23, 2010
..."I can't tell you why it's not authentic, but it's not," she said. "Some of the tastes are too pronounced and it's drowning in spice." (Mr. Thompson may have the distinction as the only foreigner in spice-crazed Thailand to be accused of liking his food too hot.)
But Ms. Nutchanand praised Mr. Thompson for experimenting. "You need somebody like him to push Thai food forward," she said...
[Thanks to Marc T and Noel for pointing this out.]
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees