Thais Bristle at Australian's Take on Thai Cuisine - NYT, September 23, 2010
..."I can't tell you why it's not authentic, but it's not," she said. "Some of the tastes are too pronounced and it's drowning in spice." (Mr. Thompson may have the distinction as the only foreigner in spice-crazed Thailand to be accused of liking his food too hot.)
But Ms. Nutchanand praised Mr. Thompson for experimenting. "You need somebody like him to push Thai food forward," she said...
[Thanks to Marc T and Noel for pointing this out.]
- Remembering Black May 1992
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Remembering the Red Shirt Protests of 2010
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way