Thailand's perfect solution - SMH, August 12, 2010
...So Thailand's Finance Minister, Korn Chatikavanij, has come up with a very big idea, albeit a simple one - raise workers' salaries. ''What's the cost to the country to significantly increase this minimum wage?'' he posits during our recent interview.
In Bangkok, this is a shocking notion. There's a lot at stake, and not just for Thailand. A defining factor in Asia's economic success so far has been a cheap and docile labour force...
- No bathroom breaks
- It is so fruitful
- Don’t get distracted by marijuana
- Fake news
- Intervene here first!
- There will always be coups
- Weekly News Magazines: Burning Future, August, 2019
- Who is really destroying the country?
- Economic suicides
- Some are on protected land
- Weekly News Magazines: Grilling Prayuth, September, 2019