Art Deco Thailand - Preserve Them! - Facebook, August, 2010
Siriwat writes: I am a great fan of your 2bangkok.com site. I have been visiting it nearly everyday since i was sixteen, the days the most of the posts on your site were all about infrastructure such as skytrain and motorway.
Anyhow, I have recently set up a group on facebook.com - 'Art Deco Thailand - Preserve Them' - I would suspect that many of your readers might also be interested in joining the group and contribute much to the preservations of there 'rare' buildings in Thailand. The styles, I presume, was popular when most of Thai people didn't have much, so only a few of them were build and nowadays forgotten. I do hope that they will not be lost forever since there are so many careless people with authority in this country. I would be so kind if you could post a link to the group from your website.
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished