Sondhi charged with lese majesty - Bangkok Post, July 5, 2010
[This goes all the way back to the 2008 People Power Party year when the government was allowing threats against the monarchy during Red Shirt rallies. This was to pressure the establishment which was opposing the People Power Party's policy of refusing to enact legislation until the constitution was amended (presumably to enable a pardon for Thaksin).
The PAD insisted that the police take action against the public threats against the monarchy.
Finally, to force the matter to a head, PAD head Sondhi started quoting the anti-monarchy statements on the PAD stage. This led to military pressure on the police to detain and charge Red Shirts making the threats like Da Torpedo.]
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees