Sondhi charged with lese majesty - Bangkok Post, July 5, 2010
[This goes all the way back to the 2008 People Power Party year when the government was allowing threats against the monarchy during Red Shirt rallies. This was to pressure the establishment which was opposing the People Power Party's policy of refusing to enact legislation until the constitution was amended (presumably to enable a pardon for Thaksin).
The PAD insisted that the police take action against the public threats against the monarchy.
Finally, to force the matter to a head, PAD head Sondhi started quoting the anti-monarchy statements on the PAD stage. This led to military pressure on the police to detain and charge Red Shirts making the threats like Da Torpedo.]
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets
- Weekly News Magazines: Clever, Cautious, Creative in Democracy, January, 2018
- Trapped by the whistle
- They make the law for their own purposes