Bangkok buys sugar for first time in 30 years - Financial Times, July 13, 2010
...The Thai shortage comes after domestic prices, which are government-controlled, fell below international prices earlier this year. That meant there was little incentive for traders to sell sugar to the domestic market and led to smuggling of the domestic quota into neighbouring countries.
Prices in shops such as Big C are controlled, but on the open market sugar is selling for Bt26 per kilo, a rise of more than 20 per cent since the beginning of the year...
- Weekly News Magazines: Long Live the King, July-August, 2018
- Big Jiew is getting sucked in
- Weekly News Magazines: Raising Chickens for the Military, July, 2018
- Defecting from Thaksin
- Instead of cutting, try sucking!
- Cables Detail C.I.A. Waterboarding at Secret Thai Prison
- Withdraw from the deep south!
- Political parties in a coma
- Top Red Shirts join with the military
- Chinese cartoonist
- They messed up the country