How Google got involved in a land war in Asia - The Week, July 12, 2010
...because of Google's depiction of a disputed border with Thailand near an eleventh-century Khmer temple complex in Preah Vihear Province... Suddenly the corporation from Mountain View--which introduced its mapping platform in 2005 with the words "We think maps can be useful and fun"--was making headlines as a major party in a remote jungle conflict that has claimed at least seven lives in recent border skirmishes...
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way
- You cannot fight with those who made the rules