In the Philippines, the Next Phuket? - NYT, July, 2010
[Thanks to Mud for pointing this out.]
...They're going crazy on Boracay because they want it to become the next Thailand, said Margaux Palau, 34, a local diving and yoga instructor originally from Spain, referring to Thailand's touristy shores. "Boracay is much nicer, if you ask me, but it's also much farther for most people, which is why it's still unknown...
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- What happens to the people Thaksin appoints?
- Weekly News Magazines: New army chief, September, 2018
- One lotus is above the water
- Politicians need to poo
- Silpa Bhirasri, Father of modern art in Thailand