In the Philippines, the Next Phuket? - NYT, July, 2010
[Thanks to Mud for pointing this out.]
...They're going crazy on Boracay because they want it to become the next Thailand, said Margaux Palau, 34, a local diving and yoga instructor originally from Spain, referring to Thailand's touristy shores. "Boracay is much nicer, if you ask me, but it's also much farther for most people, which is why it's still unknown...
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- I burned the city? When?
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Talking to the snake
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- The rich man is not full yet
- Thai-style Animal Protection Unit