In the Philippines, the Next Phuket? - NYT, July, 2010
[Thanks to Mud for pointing this out.]
...They're going crazy on Boracay because they want it to become the next Thailand, said Margaux Palau, 34, a local diving and yoga instructor originally from Spain, referring to Thailand's touristy shores. "Boracay is much nicer, if you ask me, but it's also much farther for most people, which is why it's still unknown...
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter