China will invest in Thai high-speed train, better rail links - Bernama, July 29, 2010
...The line is expected to also link to Sungai Kolok in Thailand's southern province of Narathiwat to Malaysia and will upgrade the quality of Thai rail links so that in future it could link via the north to Europe and in the south to Singapore, TNA reported.
The project will be built as a standard-gauge rail link and is expected to cover transport in all countries of the Association of South East Asian Nations (Asean).
Concerning the high-speed train, the deputy premier said China will cooperate with Thailand to build the country's first high-speed rail line from Bangkok to the eastern province of Rayong, which will also connect to Laos...
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees