What the Thailand editorial omitted - Washington Post, July 31, 2010
...Second, it's regrettable that the editorial accused our government -- which tolerated a two-month-long demonstration that damaged businesses, hospitals and the livelihoods of our people -- of "repression." We tried in good faith to negotiate a settlement with a definitive early election date and a road map for national reconciliation, but the opposition rejected it...
- 5 Years Ago: Red Shirt pursuers at the mercy of new government
- Analysis: Mother’s Day Bombings
- Analysis: Thailand’s Half Democracy
- No fraud!
- Fake monks harass New York City tourists
- Who is the catfish?
- 3 Years Ago: Pheu Thai Tries Its Own Reform Council
- Raise the flag!
- Dhammakaya leaving Thailand?
- Another stain on the police
- Bangkok’s Pig