Politics redraws the investment map in South East Asia - Reuters, May, 2010
...Meanwhile, as protesters paralyzed central Bangkok in a long standoff that exploded into gun battles and arson attacks in the heart of the business district, the Philippines was surprising everyone with the smooth election of a market-friendly president.
"A strong president, restart of infrastructure spending, and a traditional relief rally should provide fuel for the markets," J.P. Morgan said in a research note after the election.
Indonesia has already experienced a profound shift in how it is viewed by fund managers and multinationals...
- The King’s Birthday
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Don’t cling to power!
- The reason Prawit must stay
- Watch for Prayuth in the next elections
- The Democrats join in the burning
- Some just want elections
- Forgotten krathong
- Weekly News Magazines: Loving Prayuth, November, 2017
- Massaging the economy
- Lucky the Red Shirts didn’t carry sticks!