Chalerm threatens not to join censure - Bangkok Post, February 17, 2010
[Chalerm, the master censure debater, will not join the no-confidence debate unless he is put forward as alternative prime minister. This is something we mentioned earlier this week in terms of Chalerm positioning himself in Red publications as a future prime minister.
This is another bind for Thaksin. Appointing an unpopular old-style politician like Chalerm would be seen as politics as usual. Chalerm's feud with Sudarat and continual calls for the Red Shirts not to protest shows he is playing his position to the hilt in an effort to emerge as real head of Pheu Thai, if not a future government.]
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: From Rooster to Dog
- The military party deserves a head start
- Wrong purse
- Final blow
- Thaksin shifts puppets