Thailand's downward spiral amazes investors - Bangkok Post, February 17, 2010
...[In December 2008,] people would call me and ask about my own safety. I had to tell them my own safety was not an issue at all. I was having a normal life like before. Nevertheless, we had a state of emergency and that was very negative in the eyes of the foreigners. The positive pictures that we experience here in Thailand, they don't go around the world. But the negative ones go around. I mean newspapers, they like to show all the clashes, and all the pieces that were in all the other parts of the city...
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally