Thailand's downward spiral amazes investors - Bangkok Post, February 17, 2010
...[In December 2008,] people would call me and ask about my own safety. I had to tell them my own safety was not an issue at all. I was having a normal life like before. Nevertheless, we had a state of emergency and that was very negative in the eyes of the foreigners. The positive pictures that we experience here in Thailand, they don't go around the world. But the negative ones go around. I mean newspapers, they like to show all the clashes, and all the pieces that were in all the other parts of the city...
- 25 Years Ago: Black May
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- 6 Years Ago: Thaksin to return by year’s end to resume the war on drugs
- 16 years ago: Thaksin’s strange start as prime minister – Finding a gold hoard
- From 2009: The collapse of the first Red Shirt siege of Bangkok
- The Secret Submarine: News Magazines, April-May, 2017
- What do these bombs mean?
- Locking the Media: Weekly News Magazines, May, 2017
- Nothing is Permanent
- More reaction to the bombings
- 28 years ago: An article in the NYT about Rama IX