Thailand's downward spiral amazes investors - Bangkok Post, February 17, 2010
...[In December 2008,] people would call me and ask about my own safety. I had to tell them my own safety was not an issue at all. I was having a normal life like before. Nevertheless, we had a state of emergency and that was very negative in the eyes of the foreigners. The positive pictures that we experience here in Thailand, they don't go around the world. But the negative ones go around. I mean newspapers, they like to show all the clashes, and all the pieces that were in all the other parts of the city...
- 13 years ago: Thaksin’s increasing boldness
- Remembering Thaksin as PM: Thaksin surprises reporters with X sign
- Analysis: Yingluck’s Strange Strategy
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – September, 2006
- 11 Years Ago: The Coup – Newspaper Front Pages
- 6 Years Ago: Why did the Pheu Thai rush to alter the constitution?
- One thing is actually another
- Stop the clock
- Only one thing can save her
- Editorial Cartoons: Yingluck Flees