ANALYSIS-Industrial row spells trouble for turbulent Thailand - Reuters, February 17, 2010
..."Unlike political concerns, risk concerns and protests, this is very quantifiable -- you can see how much this is going to cost," he said.
"Thailand is beginning to ratchet up an unfortunate (political risk) score. These are big investments and from the foreign perspective, these issues are piling up ... It's not painting Thailand in a very elegant light."
Whether this is the result of a favour to big business or a simple bureaucratic oversight, the government is now in hot water, paying the price for failing to heed warnings to set up an independent body to assess health and environmental risks from industrial projects, as required by the 2007 constitution...
- Sudarat is finished
- National strategy locked up for 20 years
- Weekly News Magazines: End Game, March, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: Mouse Over Lion, March-April, 2019
- Weekly News Magazines: What Happened to Joke, April, 2019
- Election Commission Dye Service
- Weekly News Magazines: Restrict Abolish Eliminate Thanathorn, April, 2019
- Thanathorn’s foreign parents
- Feeling pity for Hulk and Wonder Woman
- Proof of authoritarianism
- Instruct for hatred