ANALYSIS-Industrial row spells trouble for turbulent Thailand - Reuters, February 17, 2010
..."Unlike political concerns, risk concerns and protests, this is very quantifiable -- you can see how much this is going to cost," he said.
"Thailand is beginning to ratchet up an unfortunate (political risk) score. These are big investments and from the foreign perspective, these issues are piling up ... It's not painting Thailand in a very elegant light."
Whether this is the result of a favour to big business or a simple bureaucratic oversight, the government is now in hot water, paying the price for failing to heed warnings to set up an independent body to assess health and environmental risks from industrial projects, as required by the 2007 constitution...
- Everyone wants to use Article 44!
- Weekly News Magazines, January 13-27, 2017
- Weekly News Magazines, January 27-February 10, 2017
- Trampling on those who died for the cause
- Riches from hardship
- Thaksin wasn’t involved
- Prayuth and Thaksin feel the same way about the media!
- Weekly News Magazines, February 3-17, 2017
- Collapse of State Enterprises
- Making Yellow and Red love each other
- This train doesn’t end with reconciliation