ANALYSIS-Industrial row spells trouble for turbulent Thailand - Reuters, February 17, 2010
..."Unlike political concerns, risk concerns and protests, this is very quantifiable -- you can see how much this is going to cost," he said.
"Thailand is beginning to ratchet up an unfortunate (political risk) score. These are big investments and from the foreign perspective, these issues are piling up ... It's not painting Thailand in a very elegant light."
Whether this is the result of a favour to big business or a simple bureaucratic oversight, the government is now in hot water, paying the price for failing to heed warnings to set up an independent body to assess health and environmental risks from industrial projects, as required by the 2007 constitution...
- The real reason people are poor
- Thailand’s censorship
- The temple as hostage
- Pride and money comes at the same time
- Chuwit is BACK!
- Everyone wants to use Section 44!
- University hostages
- Fees for the police
- Hack my house
- Donald Trump: America’s Berlusconi (or Thaksin, or Hariri, or…)
- What’s really behind Thailand’s hostility to Chinese tourists?