More Edith Clampton and Readers' Responses - thai-blogs.com, January 20, 2010
Earlier: The legendary Edith Clampton - thai-blogs, January 18, 2010
[Includes some great examples of her letters.]
...She was highly "controversial" because a large minority of the Post Bag readers actually took her letters seriously, including embassy officials and big corporation heads. At the end of the day, what made Edith's letters so classic were probably the incredibly serious replies which often bombarded the sub-editors desk in batches...
- 11 years ago: Thai police to be reformed, Traffic police could face charges of extortion
- Eight Years Ago: Gen. Chavalit to lead “People’s Army”
- Foreign luxury brands plot against the junta!
- Yet still more cartoons on Prawit’s expensive watch
- Not Richard Mille
- New Year’s Cartoon: Something for the Poor
- New Year’s Cartoon: News of the Past Year
- They are going to get Prawit
- Let’s support Prayuth!
- The military party deserves a head start
- Red buffaloes got smarter