More Edith Clampton and Readers' Responses - thai-blogs.com, January 20, 2010
Earlier: The legendary Edith Clampton - thai-blogs, January 18, 2010
[Includes some great examples of her letters.]
...She was highly "controversial" because a large minority of the Post Bag readers actually took her letters seriously, including embassy officials and big corporation heads. At the end of the day, what made Edith's letters so classic were probably the incredibly serious replies which often bombarded the sub-editors desk in batches...
- Remembering Black May 1992
- All About Royal Ploughing Day
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- Student Hero
- A young girl does a better job than the PM
- Who will come crawling?
- Anti-rabies GT 200
- Talking to the snake
- The rich man is not full yet
- Thai-style Animal Protection Unit
- Red Shirt and Black Panther