More Edith Clampton and Readers' Responses - thai-blogs.com, January 20, 2010
Earlier: The legendary Edith Clampton - thai-blogs, January 18, 2010
[Includes some great examples of her letters.]
...She was highly "controversial" because a large minority of the Post Bag readers actually took her letters seriously, including embassy officials and big corporation heads. At the end of the day, what made Edith's letters so classic were probably the incredibly serious replies which often bombarded the sub-editors desk in batches...
- Beijing treads carefully when scions of Thai political dynasty arrive in China in search of their roots
- It’s only about Thaksin
- Both hand out money for votes
- China supports the junta?
- What the US could learn from Thailand about health care coverage
- Weekly News Magazines: Bike for Love and Warmth, December, 2018
- Pro-Junta groups and the pro-democratic groups
- Weekly News Magazines: All about politics, December, 2018
- Forget the Old Past Party
- Enjoy the mutual benefit
- Abandoning their ideology and betraying the people