Seeking a fresh beginning in the strange land called Texas - Star Telegram, January 24, 2010
...Nayhai, 22, told me his story. While living in an UNHCR camp, he swam across a narrow river that demarcates Thailand from Myanmar with the intention to catch fish. When he lay down on river bank to dry off, one of the thousands of mines planted by the dreaded Tatmadaw (army regulars) blew up under him, tearing off both his hands and shattering his right eye.
He is illiterate, even in his native tongue. Yet he wants to work and seeks no charity...
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Suriya chemical is the most dangerous
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- We need conscription
- Run to oust Sudarat
- He is cutting the tiger’s tail
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?