Thailand may ban off season rice crops - Commodity Online, January 19, 2010
Thailand said it is looking at banning off-season rice farming after a campaign to discourage farmers from planting a second or third crop failed to meet its target.
The government wants to limit the amount of rice being grown because of the fear of a looming water crisis...
[Thanks to Mud for pointing this out.]
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Weekly News Magazines: the junta’s political party, October, 2018
- What happens to the people Thaksin appoints?
- One lotus is above the water
- Silpa Bhirasri, Father of modern art in Thailand
- Chavalit coughs up bombs (again)
- Rutting Dogs/Rutting Politicians
- Mark sinking