Business as usual for Thai fishermen in Cambodia (2) - Khmer Intelligence, December, 2009
In spite of the increasing tension between Cambodia and Thailand, Thai trawlers continue to fish in Cambodia's territorial waters as usual after corrupt Cambodian local authorities in Koh Kong province resumed issuing licenses to fishing boats from the neighboring country earlier this month. The resilience of the fishing, smuggling and gambling (casinos along the border) businesses show that Cambodia's feudalistic patronage-based political system cannot afford to sever multi-faceted trade relations with Thailand.
- The King’s Birthday
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Don’t cling to power!
- The reason Prawit must stay
- Watch for Prayuth in the next elections
- Asylum for a rhino
- The Democrats join in the burning
- Let the politicians go!
- Weekly News Magazines: the Runner Succeeds Where the Junta Fails, November, 2017
- 21 Years Ago: Newin’s canvassers caught red handed in vote buying
- Some just want elections