Business as usual for Thai fishermen in Cambodia (2) - Khmer Intelligence, December, 2009
In spite of the increasing tension between Cambodia and Thailand, Thai trawlers continue to fish in Cambodia's territorial waters as usual after corrupt Cambodian local authorities in Koh Kong province resumed issuing licenses to fishing boats from the neighboring country earlier this month. The resilience of the fishing, smuggling and gambling (casinos along the border) businesses show that Cambodia's feudalistic patronage-based political system cannot afford to sever multi-faceted trade relations with Thailand.
- Bloody October 2008
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Political parties in a coma
- They messed up the country
- Should they still fight for Thaksin?
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Turn the ship around
- Jatuporn’s back
- Whatever he defecates… it is sacred
- Weekly News Magazines: Mother of the Land, August 10-17, 2018