Business as usual for Thai fishermen in Cambodia (2) - Khmer Intelligence, December, 2009
In spite of the increasing tension between Cambodia and Thailand, Thai trawlers continue to fish in Cambodia's territorial waters as usual after corrupt Cambodian local authorities in Koh Kong province resumed issuing licenses to fishing boats from the neighboring country earlier this month. The resilience of the fishing, smuggling and gambling (casinos along the border) businesses show that Cambodia's feudalistic patronage-based political system cannot afford to sever multi-faceted trade relations with Thailand.
- Anniversary of the End of the Absolute Monarchy in Thailand
- Four Years Ago: Another Coup in Thailand
- 11 Years Ago: First Red Shirt Move: Surprise Raid on Privy Council President’s House
- 2012: Thaksin Reverses Earlier Calls for Reds to Forgive & Forget with Fiery Speech
- Whoever sleeps with you, they will die
- Old allies, new allies
- Can Chavalit be PM again?
- Baby Party
- Democrats shut out
- Absorbing is the Thai Way
- You cannot fight with those who made the rules