Monarchies and political systems discussed in Bangkok - The Irrawaddy, December 8, 2009
...All four countries feature lese-majeste laws, which sit in the statute books alongside robust freedom of speech and expression regulations. In the case of European countries, these include the European Court of Human Rights and the Council of Europe...
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished