Myanmar, Thailand to build second bridge to boost border trade - Xinhua, October 20, 2009
...The bridge linking Myanmar's Myawaddy and Thailand's Maesot is estimated to cost 400 million bahts (11.9 million U.S. dollars), the sources said...
Industrial zone ruling creates investment risk for Thailand - Thailandnews, October 20, 2009
...The government has come under attack for ignoring repeated warnings to set up an independent body to oversee the HIAs.
A local environment group, which started lobbying governments 13 years ago to clean up Map Ta Phut, says 2,000 local people have since died of cancer as a result of pollution from the plants, although doctors have not said industry is to blame...
Malaysia: Teoh's probe: Set up royal commission - Malaysian Mirror, October 22, 2009
The explosive testimony by renowned Thai pathologist Dr Pornthip Rojanasunand at Teoh Beng Hock's inquest hearing is shocking. Her conclusion that Teoh's death was probably homicide seriously undermines the credibility of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Agency (MACC)...
Request to exhume Teoh's body this week - The Malaysian Insider, October 25, 2009
...The renowned pathologist, hired by the Selangor state government, testified during the inquest on Wednesday that Teoh death was "80 per cent homicide"...
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- The network of the officials who helped Yingluck escape
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- Weekly News Magazines: Red Bull and the Shy Tiger, September, 2017
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally