I was close to walking away from Manchester City, admits Mark Hughes - Guardian, September 18, 2009
...Garry Cook, City's chief executive, who was seen as an apologist for Thaksin after describing him in an interview as "a great guy to play golf with," said he now feels "dreadful" about having made that comment. Cook joined City from Nike in the US, where he had become president of the Jordan brand, but he, too, soon found there was no money.
"I have made some mistakes in my life," Cook said, "but I deeply regretted my failure to do proper research on Thaksin..."
- Prem Tinsulanonda in Context
- Who came crawling after all?
- I’m with Pom!
- The best man for the job is…
- Weekly News Magazines: Thanathorn switched off, May, 2019
- To disclose is the Key, To Conceal is the Exemption
- Filling the senate
- What is needed to ruin the Future Forward Party?
- Democracy Just Doesn’t Work
- Don’t help them form a government!
- Put in a basket and wash