I was close to walking away from Manchester City, admits Mark Hughes - Guardian, September 18, 2009
...Garry Cook, City's chief executive, who was seen as an apologist for Thaksin after describing him in an interview as "a great guy to play golf with," said he now feels "dreadful" about having made that comment. Cook joined City from Nike in the US, where he had become president of the Jordan brand, but he, too, soon found there was no money.
"I have made some mistakes in my life," Cook said, "but I deeply regretted my failure to do proper research on Thaksin..."
- Too Many Unemployed Creating Smog
- Same allies, different kingpin
- Matichon comes to its 42nd year
- New Year’s Cartoons: Goodbye Dog Year
- No exit
- Election posters: Looking at you
- New Year’s Cartoons: Wave Goodbye to the Old Year
- New Year’s Cartoons: This year will have an election
- New Year’s Cartoons: Happy new year without sadness
- Unknown as Pheu Thai’s PM pick
- Yingluck kicked out