I was close to walking away from Manchester City, admits Mark Hughes - Guardian, September 18, 2009
...Garry Cook, City's chief executive, who was seen as an apologist for Thaksin after describing him in an interview as "a great guy to play golf with," said he now feels "dreadful" about having made that comment. Cook joined City from Nike in the US, where he had become president of the Jordan brand, but he, too, soon found there was no money.
"I have made some mistakes in my life," Cook said, "but I deeply regretted my failure to do proper research on Thaksin..."
- Knives out for Sudarat
- Don’ Let Death In the Car
- Run to oust Prayuth
- Run to oust Sudarat
- What is appropriate in parliament?
- The proxy crisis
- New Year’s Cartoons: The Only Happiness
- Would the Prime Minister run to oust himself?
- Chase the government!
- Kissing in parliament
- New Year’s Cartoons: It Will Continue