Last shares give Sheikh Mansour total control of Manchester City - Guardian, September 23, 2009
[Thanks to Mud for pointing this out.]
...Thaksin, who was reported over the weekend to have been refused entry to Dubai, has denied financially supporting the takeover of Portsmouth being conducted by Sulaiman al-Fahim, who originally brokered ADUG's takeover of City. A Premier League spokesman confirmed last night that the league is still awaiting for confirmation that Fahim's Portsmouth deal has been concluded and has not yet received evidence about where his money is coming from.
- Vintage images of King Chulalongkorn
- The King’s Birthday
- 14 Years Ago: Thaksin reveals his political successor
- Remember the bullet-proof child gods who led a brief Karen insurgency into Thailand in the 1990s?
- 6 Years Ago: After just a few months in office, govt pushing hard for Thaksin pardon
- From 1989: An article in the NYT about Rama IX
- 6 Years Ago: Pheu Thai govt moves fast–Proposed law gives police power to shut news media
- All About the Royal Cremation Ceremony for the late King
- The junta eats the budget
- He will live in our hearts eternally
- Sudarat is finished