Trip to Thailand villages raises ethical questions - The Washington Post, September 20, 2009
...You can see almost anything in the world if you pay enough. So I was startled when a respected trekking company in northern Thailand refused my request to travel to a village of a tribe called the Padaung.
"PLEASE DO NOT SUPPORT THIS VIOLATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS!" the company wrote me...
- Bloody October 2008
- 21 Years Ago: Thousands of Thais Protest Bangkok’s Inaction in Crisis
- October 1976: A sea of blood
- 8 Years Ago: Bombmakers in Nonthaburi
- Political parties in a coma
- They messed up the country
- Should they still fight for Thaksin?
- A tale of two newspapers: New cabinet member a savvy or unethical move?
- Turn the ship around
- Jatuporn’s back
- Whatever he defecates… it is sacred